Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Heart of Sqish

Should I let you in on a little secret?  I have a squishy heart.  It gets warmed by so many things these days.  Cute puppies and kittens, children's awe, a veteran's homecoming, a mention of Christmas, prayers said in earnest, and the list goes on.  I guess you could call me a sucker.  I have come to the conclusion I no longer care if I'm a sucker for these things.  They are part of my life - my good life.

I melt when my cousin writes on FB that she loves me.  I melt when a friend supports me or anyone else for that matter.  When my grandson plugged up the toilet and was told that 4 sheets was enough to use.  I smiled when I heard him counting out four sheets.

I melted when another grandson told me I could keep one of his stuffed animals that he gave me to comfort me.  I had to explain that he wouldn't see the animal if I took it home which was far away.  He changed his mind then, but the offer was endearing.

If you see a smile grow out of what seems like no where, it is because one of my children did something just like their dad.  A cool reminder that I was married to a great fellow.

Do you know how good it feels when my grand daughter wants to play American Girl with me?  That no one else can look at the catalogue but her and I.  Or the rush of 'La la' when the little ones see me come in the front door.  Even the 12 year old hugs me first thing when he sees me.

How can a heart stay stony when there is so much love surrounding it?  It's impossible.  Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment